Have you been using rooted Google Pixel or Pixel XL for a few days? Now if you want to get the Android back with all stock features can follow this tutorial that guide you how to how to unroot Google Pixel, Pixel XLby flashing stock Android.
Thanks for Google to make the unrooting task easier by listing up the firmware on its resource site. The Google’s firmware comes with features to lock the bootloader with the help of ADB commands. Lets go through the process and get the Google Pixel unrooted.
How to Unroot Google Pixel and Pixel XL – Restore Stock Android
Before You Begin
- Before proceeding, make sure you have rooted your Pixel.
- The mentioned tutorial need a Windows PC, as of now, we haven’t found for Mac and other OS.
- As you’re going to get the stock firmware back to the device, create a backup of file you want to keep.
- You should have set up ADB on your PC before you can do this procedure.
Files to Download
- Download the Factory Image that matches your device’s model and save it to your desktop.
Factory Image for Pixel & Pixel XL
Unroot Google Pixel and Pixel XL
- Once you download the proper file for your device, Extract it from Factory Image over to the ADB folder created in the C:/ drive of your Windows PC.
- You need to enable the developer menu on your device, for that Go to Menu > Settings > About phone on your device and tap on Build number for 7 times.
- Now from the new Developer options, turn on the USB debugging.
- Now using the USB cable, connect your Pixel to the PC.
- Now, go to the ADB folder and open command prompt there but pressing Shift+right Click on the mouse.
- Once the command prompt appears on the screen, execute the command below:
adb reboot bootloader
- You device now reboot into bootloader, now the time is to execute this command to flash the stock firmware
- Wait for it to finish flashing all the files. Once done, your device will automatically will reboot.
That is it! You have successfully unrooted Google Pixel. It will highly appreciated if you share this post if it works for you to help other.