If you’ve had enough fun with root on your Samsung Galaxy J2 and you now wish to get back to the stock for whatever reason, you can use the following guide that teaches how to unroot the Samsung Galaxy J2 by flashing the stock firmware.
When a stock firmware is flashed on an Android phone, it removes root-access, custom recovery, customized system files, and everything else that was added when rooting your phone. It’ll get your phone back to the stock condition that has nothing custom, same way it was out of the box.
Here’s how to Unroot Galaxy J2 and Get Stock Android via Odin
Things to be Done
- You must have a Windows based PC to do this procedure as the tool that you’re going to use in the following steps is Windows only.
- You should have ADB USB drivers installed on your Windows computer. Install the drivers if they aren’t already.
- This should erase all the data stored on your device. So, please backup everything that you don’t want to lose.
- You should only do this on the models of the device that have a stock firmware available for them. You can find out your model number in Menu > Settings > About phone on your device.
To unroot the Samsung Galaxy j2, you have to flash the stock Android firmware with the help of Odin, follow the steps mentioned below to get it done:
Files to Download
- Download Odin and save it to your desktop.
- Download the Stock Firmware that is for your model and save it to your desktop.
Unrooting Galaxy J2 Using Odin and Stock Firmware
- Unzip both the downloaded files on your desktop and keep it in a folder on desktop for ease of use.
- Execute the Odin file from the respective extracted folder.
- Once Odin launches, click on the button that says PDA and go to to your desktop and browse stock firmware to be flashed on your Galaxy J2.
- Uncheck the Repartition option if it’s already check marked in the Odin.
- You can checkmark the options that say Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time as well.
- Now you need to turn off your device,
- Turn it on with Download mode, to do so, press and hold Volume DOWN, Home, and Power buttons together for a few seconds.
- Hit Volume UP when prompted and you should be in download mode.
- Plug in your device to your PC using a USB cable.
- Click on Start in the Odin and it’ll start flashing stock firmware on your device.
- It’ll take some good time to do that as you’re flashing a whole firmware on your device.
- When it’s done flashing firmware, your device should automatically reboot.
And your Samsung Galaxy J2 is now unrooted and is running the pure stock firmware by Sammy.