Rocking HTC One S smartphone? If you are waiting to get the official Android Lollipop, you’re in dark to be frank. But don’t be sad, being an Android users can get anything they want and this tutorial can help you a lot to taste the latest Android which now slowly started arriving to high-end devices. CyanogenMod version 12 now on the role to help users get the update. Though CM 12 is a custom ROM based completely on Android Lollipop features.
CyanogenMod 12 is now available for HTC One S and has some bugs that are not going to bother much your device. You might experience a bug while calling, which can be solved by rebooting once in a while. Wi-Fi hotspot is also not working, most of the times it is not even necessary I guess.
If you have rooted your device and installed any TWRP/CWM recovery then easily you can flash this ROM by following the steps to get Android Lollipop CM 12 ROM on HTC One S.
The guide involved in flashing custom recoveries, ROMs and rooting your phone are highly custom and may damage your device. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Things to be Done
- The tutorial is only for HTC One S, so don’t try it on any other device, it may cause device damage.
- Your device must be charged up to 70%.
- You device must be rooted and installed either CWM or TWRP custom Recovery, search Google for the guide. Here I have used CWM recovery method, so better if you go for CWM recovery guide.
- You must have to create the backup of all your data somewhere on your PC so that after getting the ROM you can restore all your previous data.
[Tutorial] Install Android Lollipop CM 12 ROM on HTC One S
- Once after downloading the Android Lollipop based CM12 ROM and Gapps on your PC, connect your device via USB cable and transfer the downloaded file to your device’s SD card.
- Now you need to boot into CWM recovery mode on your device. Here is how you can do that, turn if off completely first. Now turn it on back by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Key until you boot into the recovery mode.
- Once you get into recovery mode, perform the factory data reset and also wipe cache. (Options are there already).
- Now select “Install Zip > Choose Zip from SDcard > locate the CM 12 zip file > Yes” and begin the installation of the Lollipop ROM.
- After completion of flashing the ROM, wipe cache and dalvik cache from the recovery options and reboot your HTC One S.
- As soon as your device boots up, you will see the CyanogenMod logo.
- For the first time, your device will take little more than to start compared to normal.
- That’s all. Enjoy Lollipop with very popular CM 12 custom ROM on your device now.