With the assistance of the guide underneath, you could without much of a stretch root Moto X Force on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, the worldwide release of US-just Droid Turbo 2. All it takes to root your Moto X Force is blazing the SuperSU document utilizing TWRP recovery.
If you are doing this for the first time on your device or newbie rooting an Android device, we’ve laid out a quick guide below for assistance. Once you done with the steps mentioned below successfully, your phone will boot up with the root access and you will be able to see the SuperSU app in the app drawer.
To check whether you have got rooted or not, head over to the Google’s Play Store and download any root checker app and install it. Offer SuperSU permissions when it asks. If it doesn’t asks for permission, then it means it is not rooted. Do follow the steps again.
Benefits of rooting
- With the help of root access, one can remove those apps which are pre-installed by your network provider or by manufacturer.
- Because of rooting you can also get the free storage space, rooted apps are available for efficient memory management.
- After rooting user can also update their phone to the latest version of Android (by flashing a custom recovery/ROM).
- It provides customization options when you use your new administrative rights to flash a custom ROM (again, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
- Rooting also increases the battery life of the Smartphone because those running constantly can be removed).
Files to Download
- Motorola Moto X Force, model no. XT1580 [US variant name Droid Turbo 2]
- Don’t try this on any other device.
Taking Backup of important files stored on your device is mandatory before heading over to the the steps below, it helps you get the healthy running Android back if something goes wrong while rooting the device.
Root Moto X Force on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Step 0. First of all make sure that you are running the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your device along with unlocked bootloader. See step 8 for help. You can do it later too.
Step 1. Download the SuperSU and TWRP recovery files on your desktop from above the above link.
Step 2. Now following the next step, you need to create a folder named root6, and copy the downloaded two files into it. For convenience, Rename the TWRP recovery file to twrp.img.
Step 3. Connect the device to PC via the cable you have got inside the box by the manufacturer, and transfer the SuperSU file to your Moto X Force. Remember the path where you save the files in your device.
Step 4. Install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your Windows PC.
Step 5. Boot your Moto X Force into bootloader mode. For this,
- Power off the device. Then wait for 4-5 seconds after screen goes off.
- Press and hold Volume down + Power button together (for about 2-3 seconds) to enter bootloader mode.
Step 6. Now, open command window in the root6 folder, in which you have the modified boot and TWRP files. For this:
- Open that root6 folder and press shift key and right click on empty white space to get a pop-up, there you select the option called Open command window here.
You will see the command window open up, with location directed to root6 folder.
Step 7. To test whether fastboot is working or not, write the command mentioned below on the command prompt.
reinstall adb and fastboot drivers if you don’t see anything there, or restart PC, or use original USB cable.
Step 8. Make sure your Moto X Force is bootloader unlocked. Skip this step if your device is already unlocked (check the Lock status at bottom of the screen in bootloader mode).
If you device’s bootloader is locked, then do this to unlock. This WILL DELETE everything on the device. Device will restart after this, here is the steps for that:
- Run the following command first.
fastboot oem unlock
- Now, look at device’s screen, and press Volume up button to choose Yes.
→ As unlocking the bootloader deletes everything on device, you need to copy the SuperSU file again (step 4) and start following the steps all over again skipping the Bootloader unlock one.
Step 9. Boot into TWRP recovery now. Use the following command for that.
fastboot boot twrp.img
(You have to use the recovery image’s filename in the above command, which in our case is twrp.img, from step 2.
In case you want to install TWRP recovery permanently, then sue the command fastboot flash recovery twrp.img and then run the above command too to boot into recovery mode diectly.)
Step 10. Now’s the time to root Marshmallow update on your Moto X Force. Install SuperSU now.
In TWRP, tap on Install, and then select the SuperSU file. Next, do the swipe action at bottom of the screen to flash the SuperSU file.
Step 11. When done, tap on Reboot System button to restart the device.
Need help? Let us know via comment section below.