Android Marshmallow is the Google’s most recent operating system accessible for Nexus and Android One devices at this moment, with backing for more devices to come in not so distant future. As you would know Nexus line of devices is the first’s to get the Android updates. Shockingly this time Nexus 7 2012 model couldn’t make it to the rundown of devices to get the upgrade for Android M.
Nexus 7 2012 may not get the official Android M upgrade but rather that doesn’t imply that you would not have the capacity to run Android M on your Nexus tablet. Xda part dmitrygr has possessed the capacity to aggregate a working form of Android M on his Nexus 2012 Wifi model. He expresses that he has pulled some ‘cool hacks’ keeping in mind the end goal to get Android M dealing with this device. On the off chance that you are a developer yourself or have experience of building ROMs yourself, you can take after the devs manual for assemble Android M for Nexus 7 2012, linked here.
On the off chance that you don’t have enough experience to assemble a ROM yourself or you are a touch lethargic to do it without anyone else’s help, you can take after this manual for get Android M on your Nexus 7. This aide will assist you with installing Android Marshmallow on your Nexus 7 with couple of simple and basic steps. Here is how to Install Android Marshmallow on Nexus 7 2012 WiFi.
Files to Download for Nexus 7 2012 WiFi
- Nexus 7 2012 Wifi Model with a Custom Recovery like TWRP or CWM installed.
- Gapps package for Android Marshmallow: working-marshmallow-gapps.zip
Install Android Marshmallow on Nexus 7 2012 WiFi
- Download the ‘grouper-M-TWRP_v1.1.zip‘ from the link given above. Also, download the Gapps package linked above.
- Copy the zip files to your device.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the custom Recovery installed on your device.
- Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Select Factory Reset and confirm to factory reset your device.
- Then go into Advanced Wipe and check mark Data, System, Cache and Dalvik Cache, confirm to perform the wipes.
- Go back to the main screen of the recovery and select Install Zip file. Browse for the file you just downloaded and confirm to install it.
- Reboot your recovery. Now again select Install zip and browse for the Gapps package, confirm to install it.
- Reboot your device and wait for the system to boot.
- Enjoy Android M on your Nexus 7.
If you face Google Play Services FCs , go into app settings > Play Services >Permissions and activate or turn on all the permissions. This should stop the force closes.
Try the latest Android Marshmallow aka Android M on your Nexus 7 2012 WiFi model with everything working. Leave us your feedback about the Google’s latest iteration of Android and how does it perform on your device. Also let us know if you have any trouble while installing Android 6.0 on your Nexus 7.