Old devices running Android Ice Cream sandwich or JellyBean like Xperia S can’t able think of getting the latest Lollipop official at all as manufacturers are busy upgrading their high-end devices to Lollipop but that doesn’t mean you can’t taste the latest Android on your phone, if you have rooted your device and running custom Rom then easily you can get the Lollipop based ROM, though for now there is only few Rom that allows you get that but I’m sure in future you will see many Roms offering the same feature as Lollipop.
If you are interested to get the latest one on your Xperia then just follow the steps mentioned below which working file on several Xperia S devices(review by users who have installed), in this post we have mentioned in detail steps to Install Android 5.0.1 Lollipop nAOSP ROM on Xperia S, so are you ready to follow them? just look at the requirements you might need before going into the steps.
Things to be Done
- The tutorial is only for Sony Xperia S for now, so don’t try it on any other device, it may cause device damage.
- Your device must be charged up to 70%.
- Make sure that you have unlocked your device’s Bootloader.
- And also your device must be rooted and installed either CWM or TWRP custom Recovery, search Google for the guide. Here I have used TWRP recovery method, so better if you go for TWRP recovery guide (CWM users also can follow the steps either ).
- You must have to create the backup of all your data somewhere on your PC so that after getting the ROM you can restore all your previous data. It can help you restore all the saved data that you will lose during the installation process.
The guide involved in flashing custom recoveries, ROMs and rooting your phone are highly custom and may damage your device. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Install Android 5.0.1 Lollipop nAOSP ROM on Xperia S [Working Method]
- First of all Download the ROM file on your PC and copy it into your device’s SD card by connecting it to your PC via USB cable, try not to put the file inside any folder.
- Now disconnect your device from your PC and switch it off.
- You now need to go into the recovery mode, here is how to do that, press and hold Volume up+Down+Power until you see Sony logo on the screen to enter recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, you will see several options, first Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the nAOSP ROM.zip and Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be prompted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Wait for the device to boot up as it will take little more time to boot up than normal.
For help and query, click here.