[How to]Root Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop [All Variants]
Samsung has recently started updating the Galaxy Note 4 series to Android 5.0 Lollipop. If you’re an Android power user and you’re planning to update your device or you’ve already updated it to Android 5.0 Lollipop, you must have lost root access and you will be willing to gain it as soon as possible now. We have already tried using a method and found it working perfectly, if you have Note 4 smartphone and already installed the latest Lollipop update on it, follow the steps below to get the root access on it. The method which I have posted below supports all variant of Galaxy Note 4.
Benefits of rooting
- With the help of root access, one can remove those apps which are pre-installed by your network provider or by the manufacturer.
- Because of rooting you can also get the free storage space, rooted apps are available for efficient memory management.
- After rooting user can also update their phone to the latest version of Android (by flashing a custom recovery/ROM).
- It provides customization options when you use your new administrative rights to flash a custom ROM (again, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
- Rooting also increases the battery life of the Smartphone because those running constantly can be removed).
Also don’t forget to check all the requirements which is needed before following the steps out there at the bottom of the post.
Things to be Done
- This will void the warranty of your device.
- Download and install proper USB driver.
- The process mentioned below requires a Windows PC.
- The guide is only available for all variants of Galaxy Note 4 running Lollipop 5.0.1.
- You must have enabled the USB debugging on your device (Settings > Developer options > USB debugging).
- For security reasons, create a complete backup of all your data.
Before following the process, just go to Settings->About Device and get the model number and check the list below if it is there means you are eligible to get the root access.
- Root Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910C running Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
- Root Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910S running Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
- Root Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910G running Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
- Root Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910F running Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
- Root Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910U running Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
- Root Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910W running Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
- Root Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910V running Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
- Root Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910L running Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
- Root Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910K running Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
- Root Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910H running Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
- Root Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910P running Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
- Root Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910T running Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
Note: Make sure that you turn off Samsung Kies while using Odin3 flashtool. Samsung Kies will interrupt Odin3 and will result in causing errors and may not let you flash your desired recovery or root file. Also, make sure that you turn off any antivirus software you’ve installed and also disable firewall to avoid any connection and flashing issues.
Files to Download
- Download and extract Odin3 v3.10.6.
- Download and Install Samsung USB drivers from official Samsung Support site.
- Download and extract CF-Auto-Root file(Download according to your device model number).
- CF-Auto-Root-trelte-treltexx-smn910c.zip [N910C]
- CF-Auto-Root-trlte-trltexx-smn910f.zip [N910F]
- CF-Auto-Root-trlte-trltedt-smn910g.zip [N910G]
- CF-Auto-Root-tre3g-tre3gxx-smn910h.zip [N910H]
- CF-Auto-Root-treltektt-treltektt-smn910k.zip [N910K]
- CF-Auto-Root-treltelgt-treltelgt-smn910l.zip [N910L]
- CF-Auto-Root-trelteskt-trelteskt-smn910s.zip [N910S]
- CF-Auto-Root-trltetmo-trltetmo-smn910t.zip [N910T]
- CF-Auto-Root-trhplte-trhpltexx-smn910u.zip [N910U]
- CF-Auto-Root-trltechn-trlteduoszn-smn9106w.zip [N9106W]
If your device’s model is not listed above, just head over to this link and find the appropriate file for your device and download. (How to search: Open the above link on any browser(PC required) and press CTRL+F and type the model number, if the model number is there in that page, you will get the download link.)
Root Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
- Extract files from both Odin and the CF Auto root Package over to your desktop by right-clicking on each of them and selecting Extract here. It’ll extract the files to your desktop.
- Launch the Odin executable file on your desktop, I hope, you know how to launch an application on Windows.
- As soon as it appears on the desktop, you will several options, click on PDA and choose the CF Auto Root Package file you just extracted to your desktop.
- Uncheck Repartition if it’s already checked in the Odin.
- You can checkmark Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time though. This is very important step to follow to avoid boot loop and also if it reboots after completion of the process, signifies you have got the task done successfully, otherwise it throws an error.
- Turn OFF your device.
- Turn your device back ON by holding down Volume DOWN, Home, and Power buttons together until you see Samsung logo on the screen.
- Press Volume UP when you see a warning message on your screen and you’ll boot into download mode.
- Plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
- Click on Start in the Odin and it’ll start flashing root package on your device.
- When the flashing’s done, your device will automatically reboot.
- You’re done!
Once after flashing, just visit the Google Play Store and download an app called Root Checker that verifies root access on your Galaxy Note 4 device. Also don’t forget to comment below any help.