Here in this article, we will guide you how to update, download, flash and install Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus 2 which is based on LineageOS custom ROM. This is an official LineageOS 15.1 ROM for the OnePlus 2 based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
OnePlus 2 flagship killer smartphone was launched in 2015 and also known as OnePlus Two. It comes with 5.5-inch 1080 x 1920 pixels of resolution. It is powered by Octa-core Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810 processor under the hood along with Adreno 430 GPU. It has 3GB and 4GB of RAM and 16 GB and 64 GB internal storage option, respectively.
The phone featured with a 13-megapixel camera on the back side and 5-megapixel camera on the front side for selfies. It is packed with Non-removable Li-Po 3300 mAh battery and comes in Sandstone Black color. OnePlus 2 came with pre-installed Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system out of the box along with Oxygen 3.5.6 UI running on top. It is upgradable to Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system.
The company doesn’t release any official update for the phone after Android Marshmallow. If you have OnePlus 2 flagship killer smartphone and want to experience latest Android 8.1 Oreo features on it, then you’re at right place.
Just follow the article completely to update and install Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus 2 based on official LineageOS 15.1 ROM. Remeber, we are not responsible if anything happens to your phone during installation, SO, proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial only for OnePlus 2, don’t try it on other devices.
- This process will delete all your device data. So, make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed TWRP recovery on your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
How to Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlsu 2 based on LineageOS 15.1 official ROM
- Download LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM and GApps files for OnePlus 2 and transfer them to the internal storage of the phone.
- Now, reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode by press and hold volume down and power button together for some time.
- Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the custom ROM .zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. Now, your OnePlus 2 is running on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system based on LineageOS 15.1. If you are facing any problem in any step, let us know in the comment box.