Here in this article, we will guide you how to download, update and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Nexus 6P (angler) which based on LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM. Here we list both Official LineageOS 15.1 and Lineage 15.1 custom Custom ROM for the Huawei Nexus 6P.
Huawei Nexus 6P launched back in 2015 runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box. Now the phone is upgradable to Android 8.0 Oreo officially. Last month, Google released the Android 8.1 Oreo OS officially. It has 5.7-inch AMOLED display with 1440 x 2560 pixels of resolution and ~518 PPI density. It is powered by Octa-core Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810 processor along with Adreno 430 GPU for better graphics experience. Nexus 6P features 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB internal storage. It featured with a 12-megapixel camera on back and 8-megapixel on the front side. It is packed with Non-removable Li-Po 3450 mAh battery and supports fast charging feature. It has a fingerprint scanner on the backside. It is available in Aluminium, Graphite, Frost color options.
If you have Nexus 6P smartphone and want to experience Android 8.1 Oreo features on it, then you are at right place. Here we will help you to flash or update your Nexus 6P phone to Android Oreo. Just follow the article, step by step to download and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Nexus 6P based on LineageOS 15.1 Custom ROM. We will be not responsible for anything. So proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This process will delete all your device data. So, make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed TWRP recovery on your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 for Nexus 6P Officially
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 for Nexus 6P Unofficially
- Download GApps
How to Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Nexus 6P based on LineageOS 15.1
- Download LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM and GApps files for Nexus 6P and transfer them to the internal storage of the phone.
- Now, reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode by press and hold volume down and power button together for some time.
- Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the custom ROM .zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. Now your Nexus 6P is running on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system based on LineageOS 15.1. If you are facing any problem in any step, let us know in the comment box.